Go Back   The Digital Darkroom - Digital photography Forums > Computer & Technology Related Hardware > Computer World

Computer World The place to talk about PC's Components, Cases from hardware conflicts to case modifications. If we can help we will!

Old 08-02-2013, 22:19   #1
V.I.P. & Boomerang mod

Annoying random acts

I looked in one of my bird folders, and all but 2 of 50 odd photos in there have swapped names by themselves ?? !! ?? Its the only folder that has done this

So, there are no new names, just that those that are in there have swapped around.

Example.. the Mute Swan is now called a Blackbird, and the Blackbird is now called a Sparrow, etc etc. These are thumbnails, but when clicking the photo to enlarge, the photo becomes what the name says it is....How weird is this ?

Have I got a poltergeist ?
Old 09-02-2013, 14:23   #2
2014 Comp co-ordintor/Baroness

Hiya Pete,

Hmmmm, 'birds of a feather, flock together' ... may be a case of the birds suffering from an 'identity crisis'

Strange one .... sorry I can't be of much help as I am not so clued up on this sort of issue. However, I am sure one of the 'computer geeks' will be here soon to offer their expert advice.

In the meantime, all I can do is offer some humor and hopefully you manage to resolve the problem.

Cheers

Dawn
Old 09-02-2013, 15:01   #3
V.I.P. & Boomerang mod

Its not the first time this has happened.
Old 11-02-2013, 16:41   #4
Marquis

Don't panic Mr Mannering... carry on regardless.

Strange as it may seem... You don't have any photo's of cuckoo's per chance? They apparently pop things into places without asking permission. Does this help?

Wally with his Oly bits & bobs
Lonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 16:55   #5
V.I.P. & Boomerang mod

The cuckoo has flown all by itself Wal, for some reason ??

It took a while to google it, as it appears its not a common problem, but its something to do with the " Thumbs.db " Icon in all of my photo folders