Go Back   The Digital Darkroom - Digital photography Forums > Software > Members favourite software

Members favourite software We all use software packages in our hobby, Tell other members about the software you would recommend!

Old 20-05-2007, 17:13   #1
Admin

ACDSee

I use this as an image browsing package, it has a great slide creation facility built in, and it integrates with any image editing package you might choose to use.It also organises creates video's, writes CD's/DVD's and has basic image editing incorporated.

Costs are extremely reasonable as the Acdsee 9 Photo manager costs under 25 (UK) and has a free 30 day trial facility.

If Canon Can, Rebel Can too, YOU Can, with a Canon

My Gallery (Work in progress but getting there slowly)
My personal site (Work in progress but also getting there slowly)
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:08   #2
Baron

I know I'm "digging up bones" on this thread. But I just bought ACDSee 5 and I'm pretty impressed with it. Still working on my holiday/vacation shots, but I'll post some up in a few days.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:05   #3
Earl

That is a blast from the past - I used to use ACDSee about 15 years ago. Might go and have a look at how it has progressed.
Barkly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:53   #4
Baron

Indeed a blast from the past, I used to use it too!
Old 05-05-2012, 15:37   #5
Baron

It might seem limited for some, but it does all the things I need it to do. I've stepped away from the heavy manipilation and just try and get sharp, clear results now. The new sharpening editor allows more tweaking on the settings, making it easier to tune in an image while being able to suppress the halos ank artifact. Unfortunatly, I wont be able to play with it or post anything up for several days. Drats that whole "working for a living" stuff