Go Back   The Digital Darkroom - Digital photography Forums > Computer & Technology Related Hardware > Ipad and other Tablet computers

Ipad and other Tablet computers A place to discuss tablet computing whether its Apple, Android or Windows based-Including E-readers e.g. Kindle, Sony etc

Old 16-11-2012, 01:00   #1
The Mountie

Musical chairs with iPad

Back in the middle of October I bought my grandson a WiFi iPad for his birthday. I bought it on line for the free engraving. A week later I discover the "New iPad" has already been upgraded. My daughter phoned Apple and they said no problem return it, we'll pay the courier charge.
While waiting for a replacement they (grandson's parents) decide they want the cellular model so again they phone Apple and are told too late but wait until it arrives and then phone and we'll arrange to return it. When it arrives my daughter drops it and damages it. She phones and is told no problem just return it and again they paid for the courier service. Now the 3rd iPad is on it's way.
Now I know there's likely a minimum of 300% profit but not all manufacturers are willing to share like this.
I wonder how they dispose of the old ones as they had both been engraved and one was cracked?