Go Back   The Digital Darkroom - Digital photography Forums > Software > Web Graphics and Design

Web Graphics and Design Anything involved in website creation belongs in this forum, This is a place where we can all help one another to design and implement our own ideas

Old 24-02-2011, 11:09   #1
Baronet

block website from mobiles

does anyone know how to block there website from being accessed by a mobile phone browser ?

it's easy enough to prevent others saving images on a pc but if they access the same page on a mobile they can still save them then transfer them to facebook etc.

a,ve seen a lot of my images appear on peoples profiles (uploaded via mobile) so now need to prevent access to the mobiles any help or info would be good
Old 23-04-2012, 15:42   #2
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebobt23282 View Post
does anyone know how to block there website from being accessed by a mobile phone browser ?

it's easy enough to prevent others saving images on a pc but if they access the same page on a mobile they can still save them then transfer them to facebook etc.

a,ve seen a lot of my images appear on peoples profiles (uploaded via mobile) so now need to prevent access to the mobiles any help or info would be good
There is no way to prevent anyone from saving anything they view on a web site, regardless of mobile or pc. There are methods intended to make saving images more difficult, but none are fool proof. You may stop some casual “saver of images” but you cannot prevent the more determined from saving anything that is viewable on a web site, as for every method employed to stop saving images there is a work around.

Web Site: Panocorner.com
Slightlynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 10:51   #3
Marquis

Two things spring to mind...1/- plaster a copy-write sign on each image to stop the casual thief. 2/- I might be way off but I believe I've read that there is a way to incorporate a copy-write image into the actual image which prevents it's removal at source. I'm going back quite a few years and if I remember correctly it cost a fair wad. Depends on your personal circumstances but might be worth a Google or two to catch up on the latest news.

Wally with his Oly bits & bobs
Lonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 14:29   #4
Viscount

Not sure if the OP still is looking for a solution to the problem (his post is over a year old), however one way that could be be investigated is via the User Agent string. Typically the browser being used will send to the server a 'user agent' string which contains details of such things as browser used, operating system, machine etc. One could test for such values and if the value indicates a mobile phone then the server simply then does not serve the relevant content or does not include the pictures.

It is via the testing of such values that most servers these days (if programmed correctly) will server up different content depending on what the user is using. This, for mobile phones, will be typically be mobile (i.e. compact) pages being served.

Ed
Fiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 16:15   #5
Marquis

Hadn't noticed the OP date... went from the answer - 24/4/12.

I know, i should have gone to Specsavers.

Wally with his Oly bits & bobs
Lonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 16:33   #6
Baron

There is something else to consider. Why look to halt a source of free advertising?

edit: I did notice the date, but keep seeing this same question.

Web Site: Panocorner.com
Slightlynuts is offline   Reply With Quote