Go Back   The Digital Darkroom - Digital photography Forums > Computer & Technology Related Hardware > Apple Mac Computers & Operating System

Apple Mac Computers & Operating System This is for MAC Specific questions, anything else will be removed. If there is a general question, please post in the Computer world section.

Old 06-03-2012, 19:19   #1
Lady

Default Font size in Lion

I have recently switched to an Imac but have not yet found a way to increase the default font size, so if I use the screen (27") at it's proper resolution ( 2560x1440) I get eyestrain within a few minutes, so I have to keep it at 1920x1080. This has been the only solution IOhave been ab e to find on all the Apple websites and I think it seems a waste not to be able to use the screen at it's full resolution without having to go and lie in a darkened room afterwards!! Sugghestions, please!!
Old 10-03-2012, 21:23   #2
Marquis

Hi Diane,

Not sure if this is what you want???

Open Safari. Go to system preferences > appearance. The options can be found there. These are effective providing the web site does not specify the font size.

OR

From the Safari menu bar click View / Zoom Text Only

OR

Command (PLUS Sign +) to increase / or Command (MINUS Sign -) to decrease the text sizes.

Hope this helps?

Wally with his Oly bits & bobs

Last edited by Lonely : 10-03-2012 at 23:02.
Lonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:47   #3
Lady

Thanks for that advice - am away at present so cannot try it out. But did ask at the Heathrow Dixons and the guy there worked on the prob and suggested Finder>View>ViewOptions -Text size. m So I've got a bit of choice! Will let you know whchh works the best.

Di