Go Back   The Digital Darkroom - Digital photography Forums > Photography Section > Konica Minolta - Sony User Group

Konica Minolta - Sony User Group A discussion group for users of the Konica Minolta and now Sony range of Digital Cameras

Old 14-01-2012, 18:38   #1
V.I.P. & Boomerang mod

Odd memory problem

My little P&S Sony Cyber-Shot DSC S75 ( 3.3mp ) has a strange problem with memory cards.

When the original 8mb memory stick is in the cam, the error message ' No space on card ' comes up. Ive formatted in the cam and on the PC. On the PC I used FAT 32

I bought a memory stick duo 2gb with the appropriate adapter, and when thats in the cam i get the error message -' Memory Stick Error '

Again there are no files on the card. I cannot format that one because i simply cannot make the format option in the menu , work its magic. I havent yet tried to format this big card on the PC, in case thats what messed up the 8mb original

I can only format the tiny 8mb original in the cam itself...even so, formatting doesnt wiork
Old 14-01-2012, 20:10   #2
V.I.P. & Boomerang mod

PS

Both 8mb original, the adapter, and 2gb Pro duo 'Magic Gate ' ( lol ) are all genuine sony
Old 15-01-2012, 01:12   #3
V.I.P. & Boomerang mod

Sorted
Old 15-01-2012, 02:38   #4
Admin

Tell us how you fixed it Pete, it may well help others with a similar problem.

If Canon Can, Rebel Can too, YOU Can, with a Canon

My Gallery (Work in progress but getting there slowly)
My personal site (Work in progress but also getting there slowly)
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 19:03   #5
V.I.P. & Boomerang mod

Firstly Barry, i found out ( it took some time too ) that the S75 Cybershot cannot use any Memory Stick Pro or Pro Duos in an adapter.

So the upshot is that only the original 8-128mb sticks can be used

As for the problem with the original stick, i dont know why, ...but what fixed it was pressing the tiny reset button on the bottom, which is so small i needed the manual to tell me where it was. This needs a fork prong or a ball point pen or something.

Soon as this was pressed, the card started working.

I found some info the net , again this took a while, that formatting these cards on the PC should be done using FAT if under 4gb, and FAT32 for 4gb and over. I dont know if that was the problem