Go Back   The Digital Darkroom - Digital photography Forums > Photography Section > Fuji FinePix User Group

Fuji FinePix User Group Support group for users of the Fuji Finepix camera range. This forum is for questions, discussion, tips and tricks.

Old 21-12-2010, 12:16   #1
Gentleman

Fuji S2 Pro problem

Hi,

I've just been given a Fuji S2 Pro by a friend as he said it wasn't working but could possibly be repaired.
The camera powers up and apparently takes pictures ( I've not been able to see as I don't have any Nikon lenses at the moment). The top LCD and the smaller of the 2 on the back light up, but I'm unable to view pictures or anything else on the main LCD.
I have put fresh batteries (AA & CR123A) in.
I just wanted to know if it was worth me sending it back to Fuji or somewhere else to get repaired.
After some research on the net I have come across a common fault with the camera, where the CCd sensor needs to be replaced and as far as I can see Fuji no longer make this particular sensor.
Would appreciate any views on this as I have used a S2 some years ago and loved it, so it would be a shame to condemn this one to the scrap so soon.

Thanks
andy
Old 21-12-2010, 16:38   #2
VIP, Retired (Dec2013) comp coordinator!

A bit long in the tooth but a well regarded camera particularly among wedding 'togs for its skin tone handling. Can you get a free quote on repairs?
*bilzmale* is offline   Reply With Quote